Fontsmith Ltd (“Fontsmith”) place great importance on visitor privacy and the security of all guests visiting
Use of the Website
By accessing or using the Website, you agree to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with any of these terms, please do not use the Website. This Policy only applies to data collected on the Website.
Changes to the Policy
We reserve the right to modify the Policy at any time without notice. Any changes to Fontsmith’s Policy in the future will be posted on the Website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Policy for any updates and/or changes to the Policy.
Fontsmith collect information about you in two ways. First, Fontsmith collect personal information provided to Fontsmith directly by you, such as when you register as a licensed user; participate in a survey, blog or forum; place an order; authenticate an order; e-mail Fontsmith; or request information from Fontsmith. Second, Fontsmith automatically receive information from your browser, including but not limited to your internet protocol (IP) address, information about your browser, “cookie” and “web beacon” or “web bug” information.
A cookie is a very small file sent to your web browser by a website’s server to process information more efficiently. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the Website uses to track the pages you have visited, however the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. Cookies cannot read data off your hard drive, destroy files, or send viruses. Cookies basically avoid duplication of information. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, see our
Web Beacons/Web Bugs
A web beacon or web bug is a file used to monitor your journey around a single website or collection of websites. They may be used in association with cookies to understand how visitors interact with the pages and content on the pages of a website. Being able to recognize you enables Fontsmith to make the Website more user friendly.
Use of the Collected Information
- Fontsmith generally use information provided by you to enhance your experience of the Website, to customize the advertising and content you see, to fulfill your requests for products or services, to improve Fontsmith’s products and services, to contact you, and to gather and review statistical information.
- By providing Fontsmith with your details, you agree that Fontsmith may send you marketing and promotional material or other information about Fontsmith’s products and services.
- Fontsmith may use tracking information that is automatically sent to Fontsmith to determine which areas of Fontsmith’s Website are most (and least) popular based on traffic to those areas. Fontsmith do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page of the Website performs overall.
Sharing Information within Fontsmith’s Group
Fontsmith may disclose your personal information to any member of Fontsmith’s group of companies, which means Fontsmith’s subsidiaries, Fontsmith’s ultimate holding company and the holding company’s subsidiaries, (as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985).
Disclosing Information to Third Parties
Fontsmith may disclose your information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- Fontsmith may need to appoint other organizations to carry out some of the processing activities on Fontsmith’s behalf in order to provide Fontsmith’s products and services to you. These will include, for example, delivery organizations and mailing houses. In these circumstances, Fontsmith will take all steps reasonably necessary to endeavour that your information will be used in a manner consistent with the Policy;
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal proceedings, or to establish or exercise Fontsmith’s legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- where it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threats, violations of Fontsmith’s terms and conditions, or as otherwise required by law; or
- in connection with the sale, merger, joint venture, acquisition, or reorganization of Fontsmith or any of Fontsmith’s subsidiaries or parent companies and their respective assets, where Fontsmith may have to disclose your information to Fontsmith’s new business partners or owners.
Disclosing Information for Marketing
- If you have consented by “opting in” when providing Fontsmith with details, Fontsmith may also allow carefully selected third parties, including in particular, Fontsmith’s commercial sponsors, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you.
If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please
to update your preferences.
Use of Your Information Outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
The information you provide to Fontsmith will be held on Fontsmith’s computers and may be accessed by or given to Fontsmith’s staff, companies within Fontsmith’s group or other third parties who may be located outside the EEA. These parties act for Fontsmith for the purposes set out in the Policy or for other purposes approved by you. Such staff may be engaged in, amongst other things, the processing of your order or credit card payment. Please note that if you submit your data to Fontsmith, you will be giving your consent to the data being transferred outside the EEA.
Countries outside the EEA and the USA do not always have strong data protection laws. However, Fontsmith will always take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this Policy.
- Fontsmith endeavour to protect personal information under Fontsmith’s control in order to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration of your information.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although Fontsmith will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, Fontsmith cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to Fontsmith’s Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Fontsmith have received your information, Fontsmith will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Fontsmith will retain your information for a reasonable period as long as the law requires.
Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain links to other websites that are owned and operated by third parties. Even if the third party is affiliated with Fontsmith, Fontsmith has no control over these linked websites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices.
Privacy of Children
- The Website is not designed for, or directed to children. As such, Fontsmith does not intend to collect and will not knowingly collect any personal information from children below the age of 16 without parental consent.
- If you are under 16, you must ask your parent or guardian before you send any information to Fontsmith or ask Fontsmith to e-mail anything to you.
- By sending Fontsmith any information or asking Fontsmith to send you information you are confirming that you have received the informed consent of your parent or guardian. Parents are encouraged to review their children’s e-mail and internet activities to ensure that the Website is being used by their child in accordance with parental consent and this Policy.
Should parents wish to access their children’s personal information held by Fontsmith, they should
Accessing and Updating
You are entitled to see the information that Fontsmith hold about you or your child and you may ask Fontsmith for a copy of such information. Fontsmith may charge you a small administration fee of £10 for providing you with these details. If you believe that any of the data Fontsmith hold about you or your child has changed or is incorrect, please ask Fontsmith to change or update such data by
Choosing to Stop Receiving Communications from Fontsmith
You may choose to stop receiving communications from Fontsmith at any time. To request removal from Fontsmith’s mailing list, to access your personal information or to ask Fontsmith to remove your personal information from Fontsmith’s database, please
send a message with your request
Questions and Contacting Us
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions relating to Fontsmith’s use of your information, the information collected or your use of the Website please
© Fontsmith Ltd. All rights reserved.